Tuesday, November 7, 2017

What's Your Purpose?

What's MY Purpose?  What's MY reason for being here? Am I making a difference?  How am I making this world a better one?

Stop, take a moment, and ask yourself those questions.  Do you have an answer?  Are you happy with the answer?  Are you doing what you were put on this earth to do?  Are you impacting someone elses life in a good way?

This is something I ask myself constantly.  It's something I really struggle with daily.  It drives me insane!!  I'm not certain what exactly my purpose is yet, but I do know that I'm NOT doing ALL the things I was put on this earth to do!  I have MORE to give!

I believe we have many purposes in life and may not even know some of them.  My purpose here on earth, I think, is several things.  I believe I was put here to do something that will help someone or many.  I was also put here to be a Mom, Wife, Advocate & friend.   These things take most of my time, which is OK.  These are titles I LOVE the most.

My roles for now~ 

Mom: My FAVORITE purpose!!!  Oh, this role is a tough one, but I think I'm OK at it.  No wait, I'm pretty good at it!  I'm really good at the loving, caring and affection part.  I SUCK at the discipline part, ask my parents, lol!  But, this is definitely one of my best purposes on earth.  I was put here to be Gavin & Evan's mom, this I am certain! 

Advocate: Hmmmm, this one is complicated!  The emotions that come with this are like a roller coaster, but I'm NOT scared of roller coasters.  I don't think I ever thought this would be a title of mine, but I'm OK with it!!  Someone decided to give me a voice and about 7 years ago I found out why!!  I have learned to use it and I have learned that it's my "job" to use it.  I've learned that there are people who don't have a voice, so I need to use mine.  Maybe you do the same??

Friend: I love this role!  I LOVE being there for others.  Friends are such an important part of life.  They are there for the good, the bad & the ugly.  Don't you agree??  I have new friends, old friends, and "ancient" friends (been here forever!!!):)  Do you have those friends you can call on at anytime for anything?  There's also those friends that you need when you're just sad and need a shoulder....I have a lot of those!!  I hope my role of "friend" is a good one because I could not get through this life without each and every one of them!

Wife: This is where I think I could do a bit better, maybe we all could. Are you crazy busy all the time with life stuff, kids schedules, house chores you forget to save a little bit of you for your other half??   I sure do!! I think my hubby gets the leftovers of me sometimes, which aren't pretty, lol!  But, because I have the most incredible, supportive husband on the planet....it works!

But, even with these incredible purposes/titles, there is still some part of me missing.  There's still something hiding deep inside me that needs fulfillment, I feel it deep in my bones.  Do YOU have that feeling, or is it just me?  Do you have the same purposes/titles that I have....or maybe you have some different ones? 

Having purpose makes you want to get up in the morning, makes you want to get out of bed everyday!  It puts that sparkle in your eye, that pep in your step!! It's what you were born to do! 

One day, I think my "missing" purpose will hit me like an epiphany!  It will come to the surface and it will be Amazing and I will make a difference in this world!  But until I figure out what it is and how to bring it to life.....I'll keep being a Mom, Wife, Advocate & friend to the best of my abilities!!  These are my purpose for now:)

So, go find your purpose or purposes!!  Make this world better, even if it's just the small part of the world you live in!!  We were put here for a reason!

0 comments:

Post a Comment