Friday, October 6, 2017

Welcome to My Blog!!

Here we go!!  I've wanted to wait until the perfect time, perfect story to start this Blog....but I'm realizing that will never happen!  I'll be waiting forever!  So, here it is!

This mornings random thought....
Why is our schedule soooo crazy??  Well, I think I've figured it out.....We DON'T sit, We GO!! We have FUN!

Our lil family is always on the go, but the good thing is that we really do enjoy the time we spend together.  The 4 of us blend well, we have a great time together and really love each other's company (at least for now). 

Everything about our family screams "get up and go" and this time of year is no exception!  We are always up for the next adventure.  I think that's what makes our family "fun". Is Your family "fun"? Are you a "get up and go" family?

My kids are always asking "What are we doing today"??  Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed with that question because I feel like I always need to have something lined up or be ready with something better than the last adventure we were on.  And, our level's of fun can get exhausting at times, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

I truly believe that if my kids were to write a book later in life, I'm pretty sure they would write that they had "fun" as a kid!!  That we were always busy, finding new places, different adventures every weekend, with maybe a "recharge" weekend here or there which was never without some kind of outing!!!  But more often than not, we were seeking the next great thing to make a lasting memory.  Something my kids would want to share with their kids, at least that's my hope.

Think about this for a minute.....What would your kids book be about?  It's a pretty crazy thought, right?

Are you a "Get up and Go" family or is something holding you back?  Are you waiting for the perfect plan or when you think you will have time?  Well, life is nowhere near perfect and our best days and our best life adventures were NOT planned, nor perfect and we NEVER thought we had enough time!!! Getting out and "Going" doesn't always have to be something you're comfortable doing, something you've always done, or something that even sounds like it could be a good time! You just have to try it and I promise the effort will be worth it!

Just get up and do it!!  Some of our greatest memories are doing things that we really weren't excited about doing in the first place.  We simply just gave it a try.  As long as we were doing it together, we always found a way to make it fun! 

It's taken me a while to really savor the family moments, and realize that these are the times I was put on this earth for.  It wasn't to work, to clean, to cook, etc.  It was to go make memories, broaden my kids horizons, play Hide n Seek daily, to read the same book 100 times, to just sit and watch Peppa Pig for hours.  It's removing myself from everything else and giving 100% to my family whenever possible.

So, here's my advice.....Sit later, do the house work later, clean up the yard later!  Whether you have toddlers or teens, you're time with them is precious and is gone in the blink of an eye.  Today will never come again.  My husband constantly says, "We really only get about 14 years with our kids, til they get tired of you, til they have friends that take your place, til you're not cool anymore....we have to saver that".  And to that, I say "Then Let's get it all in now"!!!!  Get out there, Have FUN!!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment